Anything specific you after?

Saturday 30 November 2019

Favourite Unit in............ TANKS Modern Age

Time for another favourite Unit post.
I've always wanted to play Team Yankee. Been a big fan of the book for a while however the cost of Team Yankee was to high for me at the time. I thought about trying it in 6mm but then I saw the makers of Tanks were producing a modern version of their WW2. I hadn't got into the WW2 game as I have tanks from Bolt Action and didn't want to double up (even though they were different scales).
I preordered the starter set which contains 1 Abrahams US tand and 2 T-64s. Seeing all the different forces being made avaliable I immediately chose the British because I got to use the Chieftain tank.



Britain's main battle tank during the time Modern Age is set (80s) and in fact has its own WW3 novel called Chieftai. Though this book is a bit darker and grittier than Team Yankee. Its a tough solid tank. More expensive in points cost  compared to other tanks but its a strong opponent.
My current platoon has 2 Chieftains at its heart supported by a Scorpion Tank and a Lynx helicopter




I don't play nearly as many games of Tanks as I would like but my oldest son likes it (Thankfully he takes the Russians so he can have more tanks so I get to play my Chieftains)  so hopefully the older he gets the more I get to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment