Anything specific you after?

Thursday 28 November 2019

Favourite Unit in............... Bolt Action

I love Bolt Action after getting back into war gaming with Across the Dead Earth, Bolt Action was a game I always wanted to play as I always have had a love of ww2 history. When I got hold of a box of British infantry I was hooked. £25 and you can make 2 squads a HQ and some support teams is value I love when you are in a budget like me.  The rules set is great and simple to play (I started just as V2 came out).
As in war gaming tends to happen what starts of as a "little" force rapidly turns in to something much bigger. So I now have a decent sized British late war army (To be fair it helped the army could  be used in Konflikt 47 as well) with regular troops, airborne troops, tanks etc.
So onto the blog post my favourite unit in this game is (feel free to make a drum roll noise in your head)

The Universal Carrier



Also known as the Bren Gun Carrier it has many incarnations and with over 113, 000 built. Now the reason this is my favourite Unit in Bolt Action is mainly the rule of cool (My main reason for picking units) . I love the model (Also helps it remains one of the easiest model kits to build. I'm looking at you automated infantry!) and the fact it can zip around the board taking shots with its LMG plus my usual tactic is once thr artillery  observer has dropped his artillery strike he jumps in and can then use the pintle mounted LMG  as well! Or fill it with 5 sub machine gun armed. paras for some quick close up strikes. It has one more armour value than a normal truck so cannot be penetrated by small arms fire though it is still open topped so can be pinned.  Plus having tracks makes it more manoeuvrable and be able to reverse out of a situation quickly.
I have 2 in my army



At the moment I'm probably not going to get any more due to my rapidly shrinking hobby space but you never know!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I have a soft spot for these as well. Go on squeeze one more in!

    ReplyDelete