Anything specific you after?

Sunday 23 September 2018

British Bolt Action

I was having a look at the geek shelves a few days ago especially my shelf containing my British bolt action army. Mixed with my k47 Brits I have quite a lot!


I have 40 odd basic infantry, SAS squad, light mortar and PIAT teams.  Officer and snipers.  Also 2 squads of airborne troops with officers and MMG, PIAT, and light mortar teams. Also a 6 pdr anti tank gun.  For vehicles I have 2 Bren Carriers, SAS armoured jeep,  M5 half track,  Sherman, Cromwell and 3 Konflikt 47 walkers .
So I'm all sorted for infantry really. Just trying to think what else I would need to round my army off? Possibly a medium mortar and a 25 pounder artillery piece.


British 25 pounder model
3" Inch Mortar model

Vehicles, I think I need another transport. This will allow me to run an armoured platoon. There is a truck available in the British army book that can hold 30 odd infantry. Though this appears to be rather difficult of a model to track down so I may have to purchase the smaller version and proxy it. This combined with the transports I already have should hold all my infantry.
Armoured vehicles,  I'm a massive fan of the Bren Carrier model but not sure I need more (but you never know!).  Tanks there are only a couple left for the late war period I have my army based on. I don't fancy the Churchill tank but I do like the Sherman Firefly so might aim to get one of these. Konflikt 47 wise  I would want a tesla tank. Now Warlord allow you to buy the turret separately so that could an definate option. I really want the not yet released British Heavy walker. It's called the Merlin and the concept art I have seen looks amazing.


Concept artwork of the Merlin

Other than that for the British there isn't much I fancy that has been released. There are the war dogs but I'm in two minds about those but they might make a good Christmas pressie off someone.  Future releases that I know I want would be the British Grenadiers. Armed with assault rifles, Tesla guns and rift tech. These would add a bit more rift tech to my Brits.  So even though I started this ramble saying I had lots of models but it turns out I need lots more! ☺


No comments:

Post a Comment