Anything specific you after?

Sunday 12 August 2018

Dungeons and Dragons

Many years ago I used to play D&D (also other RPGs including a home made one) with my  friends at school.  Enjoyed many a session in my friends kitchen fighting goblins gathering gold. Recently I've taken to podcasts (yeah I know about ten years late!).  I've discovered play through D&D podcasts. I love these as I'm a big fantasy book fan and these are like living fantasy stories. I mean more on the light hearted ones nothing to serious!
My current favourites are
You Meet in a Tavern 

Not Another D&D Podcast  

 How Friends Roll 

 This Is Gonna Hurt 

If you wanted to try just one I would heartedly recommend You Meet in a Tavern as it's the best I've heard.
My friend is a long standing D&D player so I'm hoping work allowing I will be able to play again soon. He showed be a web site called DnDBeyond. Here you can make characters  (up to 6) and it makes a character sheet for them and one you can use in-game.  I've been a little bit addicted to this and made 6 characters up.


The site allows you to do the standard stuff from D&D and add extras like background stories etc . I've always liked storytelling  (as you might have aeen in this blog. I don't think I'm great at it but it's a little way I chill out). I though I would do a few posts about my six characters and hopefully I'll get to play one or two at some point


2 comments:

  1. Good stuff dude - great memories around that kitchen table rolling dice and telling stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep great memories dude. Also your own rpg where we had hard suits!

      Delete