Anything specific you after?

Monday 21 March 2022

The Guard go to war!! Crusade Battle 1

 


Today we kicked off our 40k Crusade with a 25PL e way match. To speed things up we implemented the bolt action system of taking our goes so 2 of us wouldn't be sat around waiting each time. I went into this game pretty certain I was gonna get mangled. Bizarrely I also thought I might hold a small advantage at such low power levels as I would have the most troops. From my crusade force I took 2 infantry squads, a tempest squad, a heavy weapons squad, Company commander and a Leman Russ tank.
The game went reasonably well! I was cautious of having my squads obliterated in one shot so advanced slowly. Then Orks used a power called Da Jump and Bam the ork warlord on a trike appeared in my line!! (turns out he wasn't allowed but hey ho we live and learn) so he halted my advance and drew and lot of fire. I was well impressed with my one infantry squad using a order from the CO caused 3 wounds with just sheer amount of Las gun shots. My tank took out the ork warlord and laid the hurt on Shadow sun the Tau's warlord. My tempests landed close to my lines and secured an objective but were eventually wiped out. My tank took a vicious hit but was still alive and end of the game. The Tau won but I got some victory points and the start of some experience for the crusade. No battle scars which is handy. Great fun though not looking forward to bigger battles as that's when the Tau big boys come out to play

1 comment: