Anything specific you after?

Monday 26 August 2019

Tanks Modern Age: British and Russian Reinforcements

A new gaming shop has opened near me (well 2 or 3 miles away but that's the closest one so far!).  Its called Rogue Wargaming (Check out their webpage here. Its a bit bare at the moment as they have just started up) in Dudley Town centre. I popped over on Saturday and had a look around. It's small at the moment but as I mentioned they have only just opened. I had the kids with me so it was hard to stop and have a proper chat as I was herding them around and answering the Constant questions "Do you have that one dad? What about this one? You can't paint this good dad"
In store they had some Games Workshop and Warlord stuff to check out but also some Tanks items. Always wanting to help a new venture especially a gaming shop I opted to purchase a new Russian Tank to bolster the Russian platoon. I picked a T-72 as I have 3 T-64s already. I also got a new paint brush as well.


Early this month while I was on holiday in Dorset I visited the Tank Museum. I've mentioned this in a post here, in the gift shop I picked up a Scimitar / Scorpion light British Tank. After a bit of consideration I went with the Scorpion variant as it packs a bit more punch.
In the last few days I have assembled and painted them.




Both really alt nice kits to put together. No major issues all the bits mostly click or slide into place. I struggled with an odd tiny piece but that's mainly my bad eyes and fat fingers. My only grievance don't worry it's quite minor but I felt the Scorpion Tank is tiny (yeah I know it's a light tank) and after building it for the price paid probably could have had 2 in a pack. I know the US forces have Humvees and you get 2 in those packs. It's me being a bit greedy I guess.

After I had built them they were u dercoated and painted.



I think they look really nice. Hope you agree! Can't wait to have another Tank battle

2 comments: