Anything specific you after?

Saturday 29 December 2018

Sherman VC Firefly

For Christmas my mother in law bought me this Sherman Firefly for bolt action and Konflikt 47. I've wanted one of these for ages (especially after watching Fury ). I've always felt my Brits needed a serious anti tank threat and I'm not a massive fan of static artillery pieces but I am a massive fam of tanks 😃.
The kit was fairly easy to assemble I only struggled with the tiny bits like tow hooks and head lamps (I'm going to have to accept my terrible eyes and get tweezers I think ).
I think it looks a really good model and can't wait to get it painted up.


I added the hedge cutter as I like spikey bits on my tank making them look more menacing 😃. I chose the tank commander showing out of the tank hatch as my other Sherman (Just a normal one) has both hatches closed. Looking at this picture I need to get in the habit of sanding off the lines from where I've clicked the boys of the sprues. Can you use an emery board for this?
Also noticed after it was pointed out to me that I've added the 50. Cal machine gun to the top qhen British tanks didn't have them. ...oops!! Ah well still looks cool  ☺
Looking forward to painting this!


2 comments:

  1. Cracking model dude - and who’s to say the Brits didn’t add the machine gun in response to Nachtjäger threats? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude and very true! The are quite scary!!

      Delete