Anything specific you after?

Friday 3 February 2023

The not 40k post

 I was having a look back through the blog and realised it's a bit 40k heavy at the moment.  Sorry about that! I've had a quick scan over my geek shelves.

10mm ECW

Not really small wrestling but English civil war in the 10mm format. My friend Alex has many many armies for different game sets in 10mm and the price and space capacity always appeals to me. So I thought I would go for a bit of Pikemans lament and get some Parliamentarians. My awesome friend Alex donated me some minis and I have made up a fair chunk of a small force. I am aiming for a force loosely based on the Battle of Camp Hill (Birmingham / Dudley based so the closest battle always appeals). I have most done and based, I just need to check they are all primed and be brave and paint them. I don't think the speed paints will work on 10mm as the models are to small for the  paint to do it's magic. Normal paints will have to do. I have had some advice not to worry about to much detail with 10mm as it's the whole unit that gives the luck. I won't use my normal base flock as it seems to much for 10mm I believe. Might just settle for painting the sand.

Rumbleslam 

I think this will be all done with for a while. The TCW was popular on posts so I will try and bring that back. Think this might be a good game to play with my sons as the ring is where the action takes place so won't need a lot of table space.


Victory at Sea 

Not gonna add much to these I don't think for a while. I have just been putting together the Altmark I got free with the VaS rulebook. I have also got out of the box some IJN subs and coastel MTBs.  So they will need priming and painting soon. Sub games look interesting but will need some rule reading. 

Fallout Wasteland Warfare

This one has took a bit of a back seat. The models are quite expensive so haven't got new one for a while. The range has expanded quite a bit so plenty of choice still. This game takes a while to set up (it has a lot of tokens!) so I haven't really played it that much. I need to get back into it. 

Xenos Rampant 

I can't wait to play this game. As its miniatures agnostic I don't have to worry about new minis. So it's just making up a force out of what I have. Come to think about it I could use some fallout minis for this game as well as my 40k stuff. I need to sit down and write some lists up of different forces. 

Dragon Rampant 

I would love to do a middle earth army for dragon Rampant but as ever space and money hinder my Wargaming utopia. I have my 15mm Barbarian army all sorted and ready for a game........i think may need to go remind myself of the list 

Last Days Zombie Apocalypse 

This game I have plenty of models for! I have zombie and a cracking mix of survivors. I don't have full terrain for an urban board but enough for a few buildings like a farm or small suburban area. 

Blood Bowl

I have all the teams I want (so far mwha ha ha) my Halflings are  absolutely my favourite team in the game. We have to get our friends league started again soon hopefully. 

Gaslands

I love this game I really do but the turns seems to take so long being spilt into gear phases  when you have multiple cars on a team and multiple teams. I'm sure if you played the game all the time you would fly through a game but I like multiple games so sometimes turns take a bit longer while we check rules etc. 


I think that's it but I might have more rulebooks squirrled away some where! 

*Update I found more rule books!!!! 

What a Tanker

This game was a lot of fun. The game system was good and I like the use of dice results to do certain activations. I like the plans for progressing up the tanks. Starting at early war tanks moving up to late war. Only issue is getting models for all those tanks. I could see it being done in 6 or 15mn that would reduce the cost for the game. 

Tanks Modern Age 

I'm a big fan of  the Team Yankee book and Tom Clancys Red Storm Rising I was sad when this game died a death. I think Team Yankee stole some of the games thunder to be fair. I loved the game play and simple system. I would love to play this again as it would scratch the team Yankee itch.....may have to dig it out if the box. 

Update to the update to the update! 

It's been pointed out that I have forgot 2 quite big games

Bolt Action 

No real changes, no new forces as I am not interested in axis force so it would be allies and they are quite similar. I have got some Commandos so will probably expand those a little more and I want a churchill tank to go with my late war European theatre force. 

Konflikt 47

I'm holding fire with this. Waiting to see where warlord go woth this game  now they have took on the licence. I have a fairly decent Birtish force anyway though a tesla tank would be nice 





3 comments: