Anything specific you after?

Tuesday 8 February 2022

To War!!! Well to practice war!!

 Today I went over to my mate Daves house and we played 2 games of Bolt Action. Just to remember the rules and test our lists. And instead of our usual kill everything scenario we rolled each one. The first one we rolled Take and Hold then proceeded to read the wrong scenario rules (good start I know!). So we started Dave and his Germans defending all hidden and I had to come onto the board and secure upto 3 objectives. I had some luck with my artillery and not such in the way of armour. Both tank and armoured car dead on 2 turns but I managed to grab 2 out of 3 objectives and took the win.

Next up we tried actual hold until relieved scenario, I opted to defend as that seemed harder. One squad set up on the objective (a very snazzy looking V2 rocket)   and my sniper team providing over watch. The sneaky Germans were all hidden away. My relief force entered and a frantic battle occurred. I had some supreme look with my mortar and artillery barrage but my squad were forced off the objective and 

 The Germans took it, I held it for a brief moment but lost most of my infantry trying to capture it. Both armoured vehicles survived this battle but it was a loss. 

Really good games. I'm glad I took the 8 man squads instead of one or two big squads. Gave me a bit more flexibility. I need to keep my armoured car on anti infantry and not use it on a tank fight (this seems obvious in hind sight).  My sas should make a good shock squad but I need to pick my moment to use them.  

Anyway all good fun was had and that's the main thing isn't it. 

Chaos reigns around the objective! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment