Anything specific you after?

Saturday 5 February 2022

I Gather the troops for the Upcoming Tournament

 As I've mentioned I've entered a tournament so I thought I would do a post about what forces I will take. I would love for this to be an in depth choice but a lot of my choice is necessitated by the fact that's the only models I have.  It's mid war so 42 to 43 ish. Which straight away is a problem as my army is mainly late war (no firefly for me) but I have used the Tunisia selector on easy army. I chose Tunisia as my guys are late war European so have the the khaki battle dress and wouldn't fit a desert rat 8th Army type selector but on a quick Google I found some pics of British soldiers in Tunisia who looked similar to my guys so that will do.

So here we go

HQ Choice

Regular First Lieutenant with one guy as a bodyguard. The lieutenant has a pistol and his bodyguard an SMG. 

Infantry 

8 man squad featuring 2 SMGs and an LMG. 

8 man squad featuring 1 SMG and an LMG

7 man squad featuring 1 SMG and an LMG

5 man SAS squad featuring 4 SMGs and an LMG

Team Weapons 

Sniper team

Medium Mortar with spotter  

Vehicles 

Sherman 2

Dainler Mk 1 Armoured Car

Bren carrier

National Characteristics 

Rapid Fire

Free Artillery Observer



That's it 995pts and 11 order dice.  I have a few infantry squads to give me a bit flexibility, the SAS to provide some punch in assault. The armoured car is purely as I want to play it. The sherman is in as its the only tank I have that fits the mid war.  The spotter with medium mortar is a new thing for me so I have to learn the spotter rules! The sniper team to take out weapons teams, officers and enemy snipers. The Bren carrier well I love Bren carriers and will always have one. Either the SAS will use it or my free observer after he's dropped his artillery can jump in to provide a mobile gun platform.

What does everyone think? I never was good at min maxing or finding the exact right mix of units. I've font with what I have and what I think is cool as that what I always do! 

Of course this is all bound to go quite wrong but hey it will be fun!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment