Anything specific you after?

Monday 22 June 2020

Not Quite Tabletop but still Wargaming

Been quiet for a while I know, Covid 19 has put a hold on a lot of stuff. I am just awaiting delivery of Victory at Sea. A WW2 naval game from Warlord Games. This was pre ordered and supposed to be released April but thanks to Covid 19 its been put back till August or late July I believe.


I've painted "most" of my minis now and honestly I just wanna play some games. Modelling and painting is fun but there is nothing better than rolling dice with friends (Usually while eating Pringles and Cherry Pepsi Max). I've got ideas for Konflikt 47, a Dragon Rampant army ready to go and Rumbleslam to show as well. The small Blood bowl league I started with friends was ace as well. We had just set up 2 leagues as we have each got 2 teams now. The champions of both leagues will go head to head in a super bowl type match. I have Halflings and Wood Elves ready for these leagues. You can find the posts about the Halflings here. Though I think they have had a  team
name change since that post.



The Wood Elves are here.


With the restrictions slowly getting eased hopefully the leagues will kick off soon.

The one shining Wargaming light through out all this (Apart from talking about Wargaming) is the Bloodbowl 2 Ps4 league I am in, it has done wonders for my mental health especially with lockdown. After the birth of my first son I discovered a group on FaceBook called Dadsnet. It's a great support group for Dad's. It has developed into quite a community now. Within the group there formed a group of computer game dads, here in this group Blood Bowl 2 was mentioned and a few people piped up that they liked it and eventually a small league was formed. We have had a main league and various cups and smaller fun leagues running at the same time. We also try to give teams a theme from team name to player names. My Chaos Team were named after Rock bands so I had stars Throttley Crew and Black Stabbeth. My Violence Together team is called the Bakersfield Massacres and is full of 89s actions heroes and villains such as a saurus called Ming the Merciless or a Kroxigor called Chunk.
The main league has been running for almost 7 or 8 seasons now I believe, we even have a trophy that gets posted around (Soon to be updated to a new trophy especially made for the league) . Though not just with one team we have had a basic league where I ran Humans, a random choice league where your team was determined by a spin of a wheel. I got Underworld Denzins, man that was not a fun league. Then there was a 2 season league where I ran a chaos team. The latest league has just finished after 3 seasons with one team. I chose a mixed team called Violence Together. This team is made up of Orcs, Lizardmen, goblins and ogres. I mainly used orcs lizardmen and goblin secret weapons. This was my most successful team yet and I was in with a shout at the title till my last 3 games ended in disaster and dropped me out of the running (Though my Saurus intercepting a throw will always be remembered).  Next up we are doing a basic team league, so you are only allowed a team that came with the basic game or bonus pre order team. None of the DLC are allowed. I wanted to do something different to a bash team so have gone Wood elves. Slightly dreading it as they are AR 7 and I'm not used to passing teams but hey!! Let's give it a go.  A couple of players in the league want to do something with YouTube and the league so you may see more from that here if it happens. I'll keep you posted with how my Wood Elf adventure goes (I'm already assuming it will go badly, there are some amazing BB players on the league and I am not one of them ).

Well I hope you are staying safe and fingers crossed we can all get some games in soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment