Anything specific you after?

Friday 10 May 2019

15mm Terrain

I've been looking at gathering more 15mm Terrain to help bulk out a board.  My purchase of some Amera Plastic houses started my brain thinking how best to base them? individually they would seem quite small so I decided to attempt a small hamlet putting  all the houses on one base. I drew out my plans plus some roads as well (always useful)



The cardboard I decided was not the best base and I knew the Range local to me had some foam board in so off I went.
 I returned the with my large sheet of foam board. I set out cutting what I needed and sticking the houses down. 



As you can see I also cut out some roads  Also on the hamlet  piece you'll see a circle of cardboard. This will be a pond, I needed the extra bit of cardboard to give me a bit of height when applying the filler. This will allow me to get some depth to the pond when I add the epoxy water effect.
The roads I have added filler to and will sand them down when they are dry.



After all this I had some foam board left over. I decided to make up some ruins to add to my 15mm battle field.  I made up some templates and cut out the foam board  I wanted a couple of ruins where a tank could park inside (ish) . Once I cut out  the building sides and base I stuck them all together.  Then covered the lot in filler.




Once  the filter had dried I sanded it down and I felt the ruins needed something else. I had plenty of small bits of foam board left so I thought why not bits of rubble. I used some matches for wooden beams



Also after some advice from the Terrainiacs Facebook group I added some sand to the rubble piles.
I'll keep you guys updated have a great day! 

3 comments: