Anything specific you after?

Wednesday 26 June 2019

British Merlin Walker Konflikt 47

My car passed its MOT so excitedly I had some money to spare. Handily the new British Heavy Walker was being released this month so I swiftly put in my pre order.
Today the delivery man dropped it off thankfully before 10am as well so I quickly got it out of the packet and spent the day in between child care building it. Its a really nice model though I did have to trim some excess resin bits off but nothing major. The arms and legs fit nicely which is a massive help. The weapons fit on beautifully. Now if you've seen my guardian light walker you know I'm partial to a hand to hand weapon. So I raided the bits box.  The initial idea was to have a tank barrel bent and deformed but I didn't have a tank barrel in my bits box. I found sometching that could pass as a tank barrel . I also found a sword out that night work.

The sword

The potential tank barrel 

After floating my ideas on the Konflikt 47 Facebook group, the sword seemed more popular as the tank barrel wasn't quite there. The only problem with the sword was it was to small.
I raided the kids toys to see if anything would match. I found this.


This seemed a much better match scale wise and it has a more Arthurian feel to it (It is a Merlin walker after all).  I had heard the base that came with it was a bit small and I had managed to order the wrong size MDF base (D'oh!! ). I planned on using a CD but when I put the model on the disc it looked way to big. I scoured my bits box and found an urban resin base which looks really awesome.  It's around the same size as the original base that came with it but looks much better. The limbs all have ball and socket joints so make posing the model a bit easier. 




I think it looks really good. Can't wait to paint it. 


4 comments:

  1. That's one scary walker dude!! Lieselotte had better be on her guard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good mate. Look forward to seeing it painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers man. Hopefully will get to do it this weekend

      Delete