Anything specific you after?

Sunday 24 March 2024

Bolt Action at Safe Haven Gaming

 Today I got to play in a mini Bolt Action  tournament  at my gaming club Safe Haven Gaming . Only 4 participants but fun was had!

My list was airborne and commando.

Safe Haven Airborne

Reinforced Platoon 998 pts 12 Order Dice

Special

Artillery Forward Observer (Forward Observer) Regular (free)

Composition: 1 Soldiers

2nd Lieutenant (Ofcer) Regular (60pts)

Composition: 1 Ofcer + 1 Soldiers

Paratroop Section Veteran (83pts)

Paratroop Section Veteran (83pts)

Composition: 1 NCO + 4 Soldiers

Infantry

Commando Section Veteran (191pts)

Composition: 1 NCO + 9 Soldiers

Veteran Infantry Section (Late War) Veteran (81pts)

Composition: 1 NCO + 5 Soldiers

Medium Mortar Team Regular (60pts)

Sniper Team Regular (50pts)

Flamethrower Team Regular (50pts)

Artillery

QF 6-PDR Regular (75pts)

Tanks and Tank Destroyers

Cruiser Tank MK VIII Cromwell Regular (205pts)

Transports and Tows

Bren Carrier Regular (60pts)


First game up was against another paratrooper list 


The prep bombardment gave everyone pins. My Bren carrier was destroyed and 2 of his flame jeeps were destroyed. The battle raged for 8 turns! Both sides took a beating, my sniper was useless and didn't do a thing! After adding all the VPs up I took the win by 3 or 4 . 

The last game was against Germans. Not.maby infantry but 2 huge Panzer 4s!! I failed my prep bombardment roll and got hammered by my opponents. 2 pins on everything and my arty observer was taken out. From then on I struggled to move anywhere with pins  and was pounded by the tanks. My poor Cromwell was hammered by shots set on fire twice and turret jammed.  When it finally could move I thought let's go and it charged forward but missed a point blank shot.


Surrounded my Cromwell survived another turn and then it died . 

I called the game when I had 1 unit left as everything else had been destroyed. A true stomping!

But awesome fun getting to play 2 games in one day .




No comments:

Post a Comment