Anything specific you after?

Saturday 29 July 2023

New Vehicle for 40k or Xenos rampant

 I have been on need of a troop transport for a while. My guard die quite early when there  is not a lot of cover! The chimeras are nice but I fancied something different (and cheaper). After many months of looking I had found not many but had seen 2 on Etsy. Handily from the same company Culverin Models (here's the link for their Etsy store). The 2 options were




Both look very distinctive but I settled on the bottom one. It's called the Ursa troop transport (£18 though at moment it's on sale for £14! 29th July when I wrote this). The top one was cool but I wasn't feeling the open transport section. 

So I ordered and eagerly awaited the delivery. When it arrived I was apprehensive as I had not bought a model off Etsy before but I was pleasantly surprised. 







 I'm assuming it's 3d printed. All the parts are nice and chunky and with clear ways they stick together. I had to do next to no to no prep work on it. You also get a nice selection of guns to choose from. Obviously I'm sure magnets would give you many options here but I don't do well with magnets so I went with 2 flamers!! Mwha ha ha ha 


The build went nice and smooth the only minor hiccup was I ran out of super glue half way through. So had to buy some more but then I ploughed onwards!

Boom! Built

A late night undercoat session and we are ready to paint. It scales really well next my hellhound I reckon




2 comments:

  1. That looks first-rate, Martin, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished article. Thanks also for the link to their Etsy store as Culverin Models clearly do some excellent models - and as you say, they're very reasonably priced with their current sale on. Now, I need to pick up a few pieces from them. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Cannot wait to hit it with some lascannons Lmao

    ReplyDelete