Anything specific you after?

Monday 1 May 2023

Warhammer fest!!

**Warning Heavy Games Workshop content gonna keep it all to this post so you can ignore if you want **


So this weekend I went to Warhammer Fest with my cousin and oldest . This was his first foray into GW proper. I was quite excited as I have never been to a GW event before and my son was excited and intrigued. Me and my cousin were looking forward to hopefully finding more out about 10th edition (and maybe get some models). There was all the Golden Demon entries to look at as well.

We arrived and my son was blown away by first the 2 cosplay he saw. A tau stealth suit and a Chaos space marine terminator. Then we hit the shop to get it out the way the queue for the till was massive!!!! (we soon found out this was to be a thing for the two days we were there) I picked up a event exclusive commissar and my son picked up a get started with 40k book. 



 My cousin grabbed an exclusive chaos marine and some kill team terrain.  After the hour queue to pay we had a look around. Saw some more cos play, the new tryanid models and space marine models. The tryanid models looked really nice!! I'm quite tempted by the ravenous hordes! The new space marines did look very cool also.


Though the only photo I got of the space marines was from the back so a bit pointless putting it on here for you.  After this we had a go on the Squigapult!


This was quite difficult but we managed to win a pen!! Next to the Squigapult was a titan legions battle going on except the titans were 40k scale!!!!! It looked awesome I have to say.

Very careful foot placement needed here! 

Also on display by the titans was a very impressive 40k scale Imperator titan. This thing was a beast!!




This thing was almost as tall as my son! We then had to remove my cousin from the area as he was getting buying a 40k scale titan vibes.  We joined another queue! For the hang out and paint after a brief hour wait we sat down with our free mini. Me and my son picked a space marine and my cousin picked an age of sigmar storm cast warrior.  We sat and painted for a while. It was really good fun and my sons first proper try at painting a miniature.


My sons on left, cousins in the middle and mine on the right. I really like the yellow on bolt gun. 

After this we had a bit more of a look round. There was a section of warhammer computer games which looked awesome. Again massive queue so didn't get to play any but Battle sector looks good. Also the new Boltgun looks brilliant!! We went and had a look at the golden demon entries. We did half and then left for the day and got soaked in a torrential rainstorm! The next day we went back our plan get in early and get in the queue to play 10th edition! Mission................. Failed we stood in the queue for around 10 minutes to be informed it was more than a 3 hour wait! Me and my cousin maybe could have been able to do this but not my 9 year old. So disappointed we gave up on that idea. Back into another queue. The models were all awesome and the talent on display was immense. Then we watched the cos play parade. My son was a big fan of the space marine suits. There was more attempts at the Squigapult and a quick look at an app called combat cards then we headed out there and home!

Overall we had a good time! And it was good seeing all the amazing painted models and showing my son the models, the lore and the amazing community. The queues were the only down point for me. The shop not sure what you could have done about that but hangout and paint or trying 10th edition they could have easily implemented a time slot booking system or even as simple as take a ticket and wait for your number to be called. I'll drop some pictures of my favourite models that I saw.

Awesome Led use here 

Amazing epic Rhino! 

The epoxy resin work here is amazing!



6mm gretchin!! 

Awesome Catachan model 




2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time chap👍and damn those are some epic quality paint jobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from the queues it was great. Glad I went and experienced it. The paint jobs were immense!

      Delete