Anything specific you after?

Saturday 24 November 2018

Updates!

Been a sloooow month but I have done some stuff. I have been listening to the Cast Dice podcast and the latest episode ( Click here for that particular episode.  Give it a subscribe it's a great podcast) which is focused on Gaslands. It made me want to do a bit more to my gaslands stuff.  I had a small bit of spare cash so i got myself some skid dice!


These really add to the game play. I then decided what our gaslands games need are ramps!
There are experimental rules for jumps in the Gaslands Facebook group ( Link Here ) so i thought it would be fun to try.  I thought straight away of the finger skateboard jumps, Tech decks I think they are called but with Christmas coming up I could not purchase them.  I grabbed my bits box and a few bits and bobs from around the house .


I went for 2 ramps when I realised using a CD as a base made the ramp width a bit small. Using lollipop sticks and some bits of balsa wood I made the end that holds the ramp up.


First bit done

After that added sone wood from poundland garden edging which handily looks like logs for wargaming. This makes the ramp look very haphazardly put together.


First ramp mostly done.  The second ramp I neglected to take many pictures, but this one is made up of card and is bigger. I added lollipop sticks to the ramp floor to add to the wooden effect. 


I added some lollipop sticks to the middle as wooden planks to extend the ramp that little bit extra and using card I want this one to look more concrete made than the other ramp. This ramp also has a smaller degree of jump than the first one and will allow at least 2 cars to jump off at the same time.


Both ramps done and awaiting under coat.

I have under coated the ramps so they will need painting next week.

While out shopping yesterday also added to the gasland car garage.


How awesome is this?

The tank from Fast and Furious (Also a real life vehicle I remember watching a documentary about the brothers who built this ) I think I will leave alone and play as is. The pick up truck is going to be in my slime team.  I'm hoping to get a figure to stand in the pick up bed using a HMG. I have found a couple of figures that might work so watch this space.

Today I also received word from the online shop I use that my pre-order has been shipped so expect a blog post on a week or so about it.

Have a good ones folks!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome love the Ripsaw. They had one of those in the GI Joe Retaliation movie at the end.

    ReplyDelete