Anything specific you after?

Saturday 21 April 2018

Games night part 2 Gaslands

Next on the games night menu was Gaslands. A new game yet to be played by us. We are in the process of making some vehicles (See blog here) so it was a rough learning the rules game tonight. We set up a death race. Sort of a figure of  8 track weapons not activated till gate one has been passed . My opponents team was Rutherford and had 2 jeep type cars one with a ram the other with rockets.  I had team Idris. A buggy with a caltrop dropper and a performance car with mini gun and oil dropper. 


Gentleman start your engines!

My friend rolled pole position and it was Go! Go! Go! (Except I realised my team was over 50 cans so I dropped one of my buggies after it activated)


The cars speed away from the start line

We got the hang of using templates really quickly (Thanks to previous x wing games), we didn't have any shift dice so we used a dice maker app. I definatly would have preferred skid dice as there is no substitute for the real think.  So on the cards will be some templates and dice. 
The shift dice mechanic works great giving you some great and tough options to choose from.


2 vehicles get a good lead

My performance car and opponents ram car raced ahead.  My buggy was hampered at the start so ended up behind with the rocket armed opponent.  The Rutherford ram truck made it through gate 1 activating weapons!!
The 2 lead vehicles screeched around the corner after gate 1. The performance car saw an opportunity and drove into the Rutherford vehicle!


T-bone smash !!

The Rutherford truck evaded the one hit I managed to cause. 
*Note here we got the rules wrong. My opponents has the ability to choose to smash me back or evade where we assumed he could just evade.

My performance car got in front and dropped an oil slick


Oil dropped!

My opponent  picked a template and bam! The vehicle ploughed through the oil slick  (acquiring 2 hazards ).
Meanwhile at the back the Rutherford rocket armed vehicle was behind my buggy shooting rockets.  One gear phase I lost 3 of 6 hull points the next gear phase my buggy was blown apart! !!


Boom!!!

My performance car was flying now and got a good lead on followed by the ram equipped Rutherford.


Performance car is flying!

My opponent for his next template choose I have to say chosr amazingly well.  Check out below picture


Inches from disastor!! Precision driving!
Winner winner Chicken Dinner!

My performance car crossed the line to take the race win.

Great little fun game.  Next time we will use driver perks a bit more, now we are a bit more up on the rules. Games plays nice and simple once you get the hang of it. I would definatly recommend this game!
Thanks for reading guys. Here's a cheeky plug for my blogs Facebook page.  Go on you know you want to.
Trials of a Casual Wargamer  

Have great day folks! !


2 comments:

  1. Nice run through. I have trued it is quite a lot of fun.

    We used normal D6's

    4'5'6s was a success
    3's spin
    2's slide
    1's hazard (I think)

    ReplyDelete