Anything specific you after?

Thursday 5 January 2017

Bolt Action

Been making some good progress on my late war British bolt action force. All my airbourne troops have been painted.


First Group of paras
Airbourne MMG team
Another batch done!
Another group! (Airfix tank bought from Aldi in the background)
Airbourne PIAT team


Last few Airbourne plus the 6 pdr Anti Tank gun
All the Airbourne forces done!

That's the Airbourne contigent of my force done. Been so long since I painted an army (mainly played lots of skirmish games) I forgot what an under taking  painting models the same  scheme was.
Next I thought I would reward my self by making up the tanks I had for Christmas before starting the next lot of soldiers.


Sherman resin tank from warlord. Loved these only 3 or 4 pieces to put together!!
Assembled Sherman
Assembled Cromwell. This one was a model kit so a bit more effort required on this one!!

The tanks were ok to put together as I mentioned the Sherman was the easiest but both have the common theme of missing little headlights etc as my fingers are to big to fit them as I and up just gluing them to my finger!!


Completed tanks
Sherman
Cromwell
Cromwell Tank Commamder

If I'm feeling brave I may add decals later and the tank commander needs a few touch ups. My aim is for the Sherman to be with my regular troops and the Cromwell with my airbourne troops as after a bit of digging I found the Airbourne forces had 6 Cromwells as part of their recce force. For big games I will just have to have both ha ha ha ha


New Rules!

On a sort of Bolt Action related note,  after reading a review in Wargaming Illustrated I decided to buy Konflict 47. This is a wired world war 2 set of rules based around bolt action rules (V1 rules I believe but several people on various Facebook groups seemed to indcate V2 rules can be used with very little trouble). Being based around Bolt Action means all my British troops can be used in this rule set to which is a bonus!
The world in Konflict 47 is set in 1947 and the time line differs in that the US drop an atom bomb on Dresden in Germany as well as testing an atom bomb in the desert in the US. These explosions resulted in a rift opening to another dimension. Strange mesaages come through leading the US and Germany to develop new technologies and soon after their allies also. Konflict 47 allows you to field armoured walker units, power armoured soldiers, genetically engineered soldiers and different types of tanks such as the Tesla tank. Can't wait to add a walker and maybe another couple of units to my overall force.
Habe a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment