Anything specific you after?

Monday 26 September 2016

Holiday!




No modelling done last week as I've been away in sunny Weymouth with the family enjoying a nice break. I did take some models to paint but didn't get round to it. I got a game of flik em up in which was great fun.
While down there I dragged the family  (to be fair my sons loved it) down to the tank musuem in Bovington. Been waiting to go here for ages, admission was reasonable  (under 5s were free so didn't have to pay for the kids yay !) and the place is massive!. One hall is about the story of the tank so examples of the 1st tank up to more modern tanks.  Here we started then had a picnic in the eating area above it which also looks out onto the arena where they have tank displays (sadly not the day we were there). Next up was a ww1 trench and tank exhibition after that a warehouse full of tanks ! We had a good walk round and I saw my favourite tank the Challenger ☺. There was plenty to do for the kids and my 3 yr old son loved playing with the toy soldiers that were out at various points in the building.  It was great being able to climb through a ww1 tank and see how cramped they were. 


Good old Sherman

Cromwell tank

T-34 I believe

Mighty Chieftain


Cracking trench display

Can't remember the name for this but saw it in a Facebook group. It has loads of turrets!

Monster tank destroyer the Tortoise

Budding little war gamer

Flail tank!


Nice diorama on display

Sherman from the film Fury

My favourite the Challenger!


Had a great day but has give me a taste for Bolt Action more now here lol



Posted via Blogaway

2 comments: