Anything specific you after?

Tuesday 16 April 2019

Magnetise!!!!!!

I think I've mentioned it before on my Facebook page (Cheeky plug Here) that I have been ining to magnetise my armies so I can store and travel with them to. I had seen some people use really useful boxes with non slip mats at the Bol Action Day I went to.  I wanted to go one more than the non slip mat. I found on the Internet various ways of magnetising but I settled on  a method of using adhesive magnetic cut I into strips and stuck down in the box. Then I glued 25mm washers to the bases of my soldiers.
The washers were really cheap Wilkinsons (UK shop) do a Puck and mix washer, screw etc pick and mix. So I helped my self to a large bag of nearly all the 25mm washers. Not bad for around £4.



Next it was finding time to sit down, cut the magnetic strips and glue on the washers. Luckily the family have had a hectic week so Sunday we all chilled out. I used this time wisely.


The strips were cut (no where as neat as I'd like. Will have to work on that) and stuck them down in the paix boxes. Next a few dabs of glue on each washer and all my regular British and Airbourne  were glued to washers. The washers give the models a nice bit of extra weight as an added bonus.
Then I popped them into the box and it worked a treat


All secure. Now to get some more boxes for my konflikt 47 stuff 

2 comments: