Anything specific you after?

Wednesday 17 April 2019

Dungeon Saga. The Dwarf King's Quest

For a while I've been after a Warhammer Quest type game to introduce the kids to RPGs. I think the pre printed dungeons and the models will help get them into that type of game  (hopefully getting them ready  for DnD when they are older).
So I've been keeping an eye out for that type of game, I had it down to three. The new Warhammer Quest, Dungeons and Dragons Castle Ravenloft or Dungeon Saga The Dwarf King's Quest. When I wrote a post about this conundrum I was kindly offered a copy by  an awesome chap called Neil. We had met at the Across the Dead Earth tournament a few years ago. Check my blog post about it here
He also runs a blog for his wargames club. Check it out at Stourbridge Wargames.
I excitedly picked up the game (He also gave me an upgraded counter set which was awesome of him) from his house and got it home. The box it's self is awesome. You take off the outer sleeve and the box resembles  an old book.





Opening up the box you find it's rammed with stuff. Lots of cards, floor tiles and tokens. Also the game miniatures which look very cool.

The Bosses

The minions. I have 2 of each

The Four Heroes
Some of the figures were slightly bent but nothing a quick dip in hot water won't solve. You also get some ace furniture to decorate your dungeons.

Doors for the Dungeon 

Treasure Chests, Barrels and Tables 

Various Other Bits 

Lastly you get the tiles to make your dungeon and tokens all on push out cardboard sheets. 



My friend also game me a set of upgraded counters made out of plastic so should be sturdier than the cardboard ones.


That's the box! Can't wait to have a game now though I best read the rulebook. 

2 comments:

  1. Neil is an awesome guy. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

    Are you planning to paint the figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is indeed. Yes hopefully that should fill up the painting queue nicely

      Delete