Anything specific you after?

Sunday 5 July 2015

Games Rule Testing

I decided to start a slow burning project (ie when time and money allow). I was to try a 15mm. Zombie game. I have toyed with the idea of 6mm as I basically want a large zombie horde fighting a fairways military. 6mm would allow for loss of Zombies but I felt 15mm hotbeds you that little bit note detail while still keeping cost down and space usage down. I was inspired by this bloggers way off doing cheap easy zombie hordes, you can see the blog here. Also access to free buildings you can print out and make.
I got some free rules (FUBAR) but they weren't exactly what I was looking for. So I decided to write my own. The rules I write (or am trying) are going to be very specific to zombies. The basic is all done with D10. To kill a zombie you need a 9 or 10 you can add a modifier depending on your level of experience. I tried to incorporate the horrors of a zombie apocalypse by adding a mettle test if a model see or hears someone become zombie food they have to pass it other wise they freeze or panic and flee.
The rules are mainly aimed at single or Co op play. (can be played two player as well. Human vs zombie \ human vs human with added zombies)
Using paper I thought I'd test these rules out. After an initial game of four soldiers, one officer, 20 zombies and 1 zombie horde my thoughts are:
- May need to add 'jam' to shooting roll (lots and lots of shooting success throughout game)
- Need to up the ratios of zombie to human.
-"I heard screams" skill radius should get reduced.
The 5 soldiers mowed through the zombies. On the one hand I want lots of zombie kids but I don't want it to be to easy. If I add the weapon jam it brings another element of chance that could bring the zombies closer.
More zombies is always good!
The I heard screams taos is just to large for a 15mm game.
I'll make a few changes and give it a go

No comments:

Post a Comment