Sunday, 25 January 2015
More Terrain! While working on my last piece of terrain (in my last blog) I've been working on a bigger bit of terrain where models can fight indoors as it were. I chose a bunker as my first attempt having come across some quite thick cardboard over Christmas. I measured up and cut the wall sections out and some interior walls to break up the interior. (good opportunity to hide round corners) these were all stuck down to a cardboard base. I didn't want the interior to be spartan so I started thinking of what to put inside but due to resources it would have to be home made or home sourced. I wanted the bunker to look overgrown and partly buried so I added filler around the sides and on the top edges (as the cardboard had holes at the edges). The hope was to sand the filler down so it would be smoother. Unfortunately this failed (mostly down to me being an amateur) I ploughed on anyway as this is one of my early attempts it would never be perfect.