Anything specific you after?

Monday 9 September 2019

Operation Last Train Home Project





Recently I discovered a game called Operation Last Train Home (Check it out here). Its a solo game set in a u inverse where humans and bugs are at war and we are losing. The writer has written a small bit of fluff to set the scene. A planet has been abandoned by earth forces and will have its atmosphere destroyed soon. A ships captain requests permission to try and rescue any survivors using drop ships (Time for a spaceship on the board).
The operation is approved but volunteers only.  The beauty of this game is the writer has put the rules out there for free but has asked if you do please donate  £3 / $5 to Save the Children.  This is a great idea and when I donated, he had raised over £1000 so far!!
The rules are super simple and it seems the game plays really quickly. Another nice feature is your volunteers can die and don't come back forever immortalised on your roll of honour.
I am going to attempt this game in 15mm for space saving sake. I've ordered some 15mm space troopers for my volunteers.



For the bugs I am going to look at using Halloween Spiders. Someone else had used this idea in the Face book group for the game and it looked really good. 

People have also used this rule set for a zombie version. I thought I would look at this in 28mm set in WW2 as I have plenty of WW2 troops and 28mm zombies. Instead of a drop ship I would use a Half track. 

If you like the look of it. Donate some. Money and give it a go! 

2 comments: