Anything specific you after?

Thursday 20 June 2019

Pokemon TCG and Magic the Gathering

I've been wanting to get into Pokemon TCG for a while now. My friend had been playing it for ages and I thought my kids would also like to play as well as the collecting aspect of it. So I found online a 2 player starter set.


The above set I bought from America (Through Amazon) for only £10. You get 60 cards spilt into 2 decks. A play mat and instructions on how to play. It's very good as each deck is preshuffled and has a guide to run through a game.  You just follow the instructions of what you do each turn (what cards to play what attacks to do etc). This really helps you get the hang of the rules. The 2 decks can be combined into one to player other people as 60 cards is normally the usual deck size.


The play mat has places for all the different areas you need such as Active pokemon and the discard pile. 

On hearing I had started collecting Pokemon TCG my awesome friend (Alex from Alex does Hobby Stuff) dropped off this massive pile of pokemon cards off for me and my sons. We were super grateful. 


We've played 2 or 3 games and so far the rules are really simple and my 5 year old has already picked up the rules. Next we will make up our own decks and battle away! 



Also the people I played Dungeons and Dragons with are into Magic the Gathering. Reading them talk about it peaked my interest. I'm not worried and legal or illegal cards so I purchased 100 cards off eBay for around £3. My friends also gave me a load of land cards to help finish my decks. 
For father's day my kids brought me a few booster packs to bolster my collection plus some folders and card holders to make my cards a bit more organised. 


Not yet played a game of Magic the Gathering but hopefully will once time permits. I have watched a few videos on line and the game seems simple to play.

Have a good un guys! 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep was a fun game to play the boosters aren't cheap though so it will be an every now and teen treat but as I'm not worried about tournament legal cards I can cheap ones off ebay

      Delete