Anything specific you after?

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Tanks Modern Age Half Term Battle

It's half term here so yesterday I had both boys to look after (5 years and 3 years). I thought I would try a game of Tanks Modern Age with my 5 year old ( just using basic shooting movement rules). He chose the Russians so he could have 3 tanks and I got to play my Brits  (2 Chieftains and a Lynx helicopter).

My son's platoon

My platoon


I set up my 3 x 3 game board, I don't have any 15mm terrain. I thought my game board would be reasonable plus my normal trees. I also chose a few ruins just to give a built up feel  to my urban section.

The game board

We had a  simple mission, blow everyone on the opposing team up! The Russians started in the urban area and my platoon came in from the countryside.

The Russians advance 

Both sides advanced and exchanged fire.  My son was gunning for my lynx.

Shots fired! 

Machine gun fire lit up the air catching the Lynx, sending it to the ground in a ball of fire

Boom!

The 3 Russian tanks pummelled my 2 tanks who gave out some solid hits.


My Chieftains damage points were dropping fast and then my phone battery died. So no pictures of the Russian tanks encircling my 2 tanks who frantically tried to get out of the way.  One Chieftain  succumbed. The last Chieftain  finally destroyed one T-64  before being destroyed. My son loved the game  (He won which helps !) which was awesome and I can't wait to play again (and destroy him! !!!!).  I need to have another read up on helicopters to get her the rules down.
Really love this game !!


2 comments: