Anything specific you after?

Thursday 13 December 2018

Terrain

I got painting the river sections I had bought from the model shop in Wales  (post is here ) and the crater I won from Amera Plastics in there 12 days of Christmas competition. 
The river sections were painted a basic green and flock added. Blue was used for the water, I avoided the epoxy stuff as I just wanted a nice basic look. I remembered the trouble I had last time with paint peeling (tale of woe is here ) so I have them all a good scrub in hot soapy water and  added PVA glue to the base paint and so far it's not peeling.


River Curve
RIver Fork

Next up was the crater I won. After being scrubbed in warm soapy water and dried. I started layering different shades of brown on to it for the earth broken up by a crater


I then added lighter times of brown and very light highlights to the edges of the crater. I also picked out some rocks in the piece and painted them grey to make them stand out. Then I added flock and called it done


The rocks help it pop out I think
Finished piece

I think it looks really good and shows how good Amera Plastic stuff is. 


2 comments: