Anything specific you after?

Monday 10 December 2018

PorthMadog Models

I went on the yearly family Christmas trip to a cottage in mid Wales. Which ment even though it was pouring down with rain we visited PorthMadog. A cracking little town with a very nice steam railway, an amazing ice cream shop  (Cadwalers) which my greyhound now loves as they do for ice cream and obviously PorthMadog Models. This is a great model shop owned by a really nice couple.  Packed with models and bits of terrain plus a gigantic display in the centre. This has been missing the last time we want and was told that had been busily painting zulus so i had a fair guess what the display would be this year.


Rorkes Drift

Not 100% finished but it still looks absolutely epic .


Zulus advancing
Zulu command urges the troops on
Zulus stream towards the outpost
The British Army defends it's outpost

The battle makes a cracking centre piece so after admiring this for a while I want to have a mooch through the terrain on offer. Now having Tanks Modern Age I can keep an eye out for 15mm scenery as well as 28mm.  There were a few nice odd little bits but I settled on some Amera Plastics terrain. There were some 15mm house but they didn't really have that modern look I need for Tanks so i chose a 15mm bridge but that could pass as a small 28mm bridge also, a river fork and another curved river section. This should boost my waterfall and 2 water sections allowing a bit more river action in a battlefield. 


Bridge 15mm scale I believe but could pass as a small 28mm bridge (will check it with a tank when I'm home
A river curve
River Fork for variety. Apologies for terrible photo!

Can't wait to get these home and painted up!
So if your near PorthMadog I reccomend popping into PorthMadog Models
6 Bank Pl, Porthmadog LL49 9AA to see the epic display, picking up a new project and meeting the excellent owners!


No comments:

Post a Comment