Anything specific you after?

Monday 26 November 2018

Tanks the Modern Age


I have always had an interest in the game Team Yankee after reading the rather excellent book Team Yankee but was put off by the price and I had heard some bad reviews about the rules. Tanks ww2 was out and looked good but I have ww2 tanks with my bolt action force so didn't want to invest in the same time period. So when I heard Tanks were doing a modern age this news solved both issues.  The price of Tanks is really reasonable which is excellent so I thought I would get a pre order in with RK Studio. The starter set contains an M1 Abraham and a T-60. Predictably I want a British force so I ordered a Chieftain tank to start with. There are lighter tanks and helicopters to come so no doubt I'll get more units as time goes on ☺

Its arrived!!!
Received my order today! Bought from RKStudio. I would whole heartedly reccomend these guys for getting your gaming needs at good prices with excellent customer service.
I rather excitedly ripped into the parcel and located the game box and the blister for the Chieftain tank I mentioned I'd ordered.

Inside the main box you get 3 sprues.  2 Russian T-64s and 1 American M1 tank in 15mm scale. A bag of dice, all the cards you'll need, some 2D scenery with tokens and a rulebook. 

2D Scenery and tokens
Rulebook
All the contents of the box is really good quality. The 2D scenery and tokens are printed on thick high quality card which punches out. The cards are nice and glossy. The models look good but I won't fully know until I build them.  Now to have a read through the rules and get gaming!

2 comments:

  1. I have recently played What Tanker, and was wondering about similar rules (tank skirmish) These sound like an interesting option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem very simple pick up and play rules and great value. Can't wait to play it

      Delete