Anything specific you after?

Saturday 27 October 2018

D&D Grackkus's Campaign Part 2

My monk snatched the sorcerers arm away quickly before the bag for a good hold. We opened the second big door and suddenly the rogue disappeared!!!!! The small corridor changed into a large corridor which we entered. We discovered a mirror with an image of our rogue in. The warlock struck the mirror but that didn't work and a voice boomed "I do not allow thieves here!"
We explored the surrounding corridors and discovered a room with a special font altar type thing. In draconic it said that fire cleanses everything so i lit a fire in the font and the mirror disolved revealing a very confused looking rogue.
We headed down the opposite corridor and located an old dusty bed chamber not quite child sized but not adult sized either.  There was a door at the other end.  After a quick search (heeding the words we had heard about thieves and being extra careful ) we moved on into a giant chamber.  On 2 sides were giant curtains and the 3 side was all glass. In the middle of the room was a large stone throne and on it stood the dwarf from the town!!


He seemed quite angry that we had made it so far. He had released the plague on the town himself. The barbarian threw a javelin at the dwarf, it sailed through the dwarf revealing it to be an illusion. The dwarf laughed and disappeared. The rogue threw her knife at the
Glass wall which shattered revealing a green dragon!!!!!!


The green dragon told us that he was the reason the plague existed and it was his blood that was causing it. He also said that we were promised to him as his next meal by the dwarf. A negotiation started which went rather badly when I tried to bribe the Dragon with his own gems I had found earlier!! The Dragon struck and caused a decent chunk of damage to me. I replied with a punch to the dragons face and then the group leapt into action. The barbarian raged and hacked away with his battle axe.  The dragon born sorcerer unleashed a devastating fire spell at the Dragon. We all landed hits (my monk not as many is have liked ), the dragon fought back hard and took to the air.  He swooped several times and attacked. The barbarian succumbed to a ferocious bite and the ensuing poison damage. As the Dragon swooped past again my monk leapt onto its back and plunged his spear into the dragons neck finally bringing it down with a crash. My monk deftly rolled to a safe landing besides the dead Dragon. Now I've been playing a lot of skyrim so naturaly I searched the dragon.  My monk located a key of sorts.  We located a chest behind  where the dragon had come from.  My key appeared to be part of some art work and clicking it in like completing a  jig saw opened the chest. Inside was a glowing vial of white liquid.  We believed this to be the cure so headed back to town. Knowing we couldn't trust the dwarf we went to the alchemy shop and asked the wizard his opinion. He said that it was the antidote and he could replicate it easily. He also asked the warlock for the first treasure he was given.  We assumed it was the 40 good I had shared out after looting the dead adventurers but no it wasn't that. After a while of no one having a clue the wizard took the warlock soul for his and became the warlocks patron!

(Now it was getting late into the evening so we needed to finish)

We decided the story was defintaly not done as we needed to have a word with this dwarf. Luckily the DM Jay had planned ahead in case we decided we wanted to go further.  All our characters levelled up to lvl 4. My monk getting an ability score increase (hello to a raise in armour class) and the slow fall ability.  This means when I fall I believe I can knock off 20 points of damage before I take any .

Great night and great adventure! Really enjoying D&D, need my kids to be a bit older so we can do it as a family 


4 comments: