Anything specific you after?

Friday 2 March 2018

Update!

Sorry I've been so quiet, I have  been writing writing blog post for a game's night which was cancelled but other things have been happening. My friend had acquired the osprey book Chosen Men. Which gives me a great excuse to scratch my Napolenic war itch!
He helped me plan out a little force. From what I gather chosen men is on the smaller scale of battle not full lines of soldiers firing volleys at each other but smaller sections.  As I'm a massive Sharpe fan I predictably went for British.  I had some riflemen (95th obviously!) from Warlord games as a Valentine's present from the the wife. This box contains 16 metal miniatures and a metal dog as well to follow the riflemen.  Also managed to pick up a box of  British Line Infantry as well. This box contains 20 plastic regular infantry and 4 metal command models, though I had six in the box which was nice (Captain, 2 standard bearers, drummer, sergeant and a dude with an axe not sure on his role). The standard bearers really tested me as I had to drill through their hands to slide the standard pole through but in the box are cardboard flags so I haven't got to faff with making a flags. My chosen man force requires only 10 models from this box set so plenty of potential. The last unit is some light dragoons so I need to buy them at some point.


95th rifles from Warlord games
These are really nice sculpts
British Line Infantry

I also picked up a box of bolt action regular late war British troops. Looking at my army lists and the vague historic background I had chosen (I best write a blog up about that! But basically I've chosen Operation Clipper. An allied attack into Germany, part of that attack were the Worcestershire regiment possibly supported by the SAS on anti sniper duties though this may not be true.) , looking at my forces I only have 2 regular squads of infantry so about 20 regular Tommies. Currently I have 2 squads of airbourne as well so am capable of putting out a force already but I've been listening to a lot of bolt action podcasts recently where lots of people have been getting a historic slant on their forces so I decided I needed more regular Tommies. The box contains enough miniatures to make a small first platoon (great purchase for some one starting out. I got an officer, light mortar team, PIAT team and 2 8 man squads from my first box.) But I wanted just soldiers to add no officers or special teams. I made up 2 bren gunners with their loaders, a couple of Sten carrying soldiers and the rest were riflemen.


My SMG man charging into melee spade swinging

I tried my best to vary the poses of the soldiers. I think I did ok glued my fingers together several times though! My favourite is the man swinging his spade in melee.  I hope the pose works
So thats what I've been upto now after snowmeggedon has gone away I'll get undercoating and painting. H
Stay safe!


2 comments:

  1. Lots of assembly going on. Pretty much the same over here this past week. I am almost done though then its onto paint!

    Looking forward to the 95th Rifles getting a lick of paint. I do love the models for this period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice sculpts hopefully I don't ruin them with my paint

      Delete