Anything specific you after?

Sunday 14 January 2018

More painting.

Another set of models painted! This time round it was my  SAS squad and anti tank team.  First up the I decided to attempt decals on the Bren Carrier I had previous painted. I'm very nervous with water slide decals as I have fat uncoordinated fingers but since I've been listening to a Bolt Action podcast I've wanted to add a more real unit feel to my army. I did a bit of searching where the SAS worked with regular army units and came up with Operation Clipper. The Worcester regiment had SAS  support clearing snipers in area it seems (There is not a lot of info on SAS but that gives me a touch of creative license). After asking for advice on the Bolt Action Facebook group (a brilliant group!) I located the correct decals needed. I didn't have enough to to both Bren Carriers all around so applied all the decals i had to both fronts.


They were quite fiddly but withbthe aid of my craft night and some tweezers I did it.  Now they need weathering to make them look not so new.
Onto the infantry. The SAS  squad picture on the internet had a camo pattern on which i didn't think i could replicate so I went for a plain green jacket with airbourne trousers  (well as close as I can make it).


Lastly was the Anti Tank rifle team. These guys were in standard British uniform with gas masks. The loader didn't cone with anything for his arms so I bodged him carrying an ammo box.


I think the layers makes the jumper look more realistic

I'm quite happy with the jackets. I applied more layers than I normally do and they seem to have a good effect? I could be wrong though.


These don't look to bad and hopefully will go Nazi horror and mech hunting soon!
Have a great day folks


2 comments:

  1. Nice work dude. The SAS are looking rather good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude. Going to have another crack atvthe skin tones they don't seem right to me

      Delete