A few blog posts ago I mentioned while at a model shop in Wales I had bought a church from the excellent Amera Plastics . After finishing my airbourne force for bolt action I have started to build the church.
The church was simple to put together requiring a bit of cutting but nothing major and stuck together great with poly cement
Next i wanted a base so I could have a small church yard for models. In a massive bag of bits I found several grave stones so they will be added for extra effect. I stuck the church down and put a layer of filler down as the ground.
The whole lot was under coated and the first layers of paint went on to the church. My first attempt was rushed and ended up a disaster!
A re paint was in order!
Next up was stone walking arrround the church. Using under floor insulation and a YouTube tutorial ( mentioned in a blog post here ) I cut and carved out some stone walls to surround the church
Last up dry brushing the stone walls and adding flock.
The finished article. I have to say I'm quite proud of this ☺